Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Long Time, No Blog

Hello!

I know, I know, I've been majorly slacking on the blog post front. Luckily I upload my entire life to the Internet, so it's not like you couldn't keep track of me anyway.

Since my last update was about a month ago (wow!) I have a lot to catch you all up on.

As most of you probably heard, I went hiking for a week in Patagonia with five other girls from IFSA. It was absolutely incredible. We flew in to Punta Arenas, took a bus to Puerto Natales, rented enough stuff to make sure we all didn't die, and then walked along a W shaped trail for five ways. Objectively speaking not the way most people would spend their time, but I would go back in a heartbeat and never leave.

All of us again!

I camped with Greta. Team Strugglebus had a great time.

Probably the greatest photo I've ever taken


There's just something about being that close to the end of the world (geographically speaking) and seeing all those mountains and hearing that silence. It's absolutely incredible. Reminded me of why I loved summer camp.

The trip was also a really great way to bond with some of the girls I felt like I hadn't gotten as close to But then again, being around people 24/7 (except for that one night Merisa got lost) will do that.

Oh! I went to Lollapalooza Chile this past weekend. It was a massive 2-day music festival, and I saw some pretty amazing shows. Capital Cities, Cage The Elephant, Imagine Dragons, Ellie Goulding, Nine Inch Nails, Lorde, Kid Cudi, and Vampire Weekend just to name a few. Absolutely incredible.

We also went on a vineyard tour this past Friday. I fell in love with a Cabernet Sauvignon from 2012 that they export under the label of Gil Ferrer. Apparently available for purchase in the States, so I'm in luck.

Shoot I had more things to say. I'm sorry this blog post has been pretty awful. I originally had a lot more to say and then in true Alison tradition went and forgot them all right when I started typing.

Tomorrow we leave at 7:15 in the morning for a trip down south, so I'll hopefully have enough to make a blog post about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment